Wednesday 16 November 2016

Massage Review: Asia Spa at Kuala Lumpur


I parked my car behind the building and found out they have complimentary parking but make sure you chop your parking ticket before you leave! Or else you'll have to pay at least RM20!


This place was grand the moment I stepped in! (Not as grand as my health land visit at Renaissance but the room was way bigger!! Ok.. considering I did get a couple room all to myself... But they had individual toilets in each room!!! N not just a toilet bowl n a vanity area, it was the whole she-bang!!! With a shower n jacuzzi!!!

I'm already impressed n I haven't even started the massage... The service people are also very nice n polite.
So she asked me to fill in a form on my details then started off with a complementary ginger tea.



After that my masseuse showed me to my (huge) room. Trust me. Looks WAY BETTER in real life than the pictures. They provided me with a shower cap and a disposable underwear.





The room had a tall mirror cabinet for you to keep your things in and a small mirror with a hair dryer, a brush n other toiletries.





Note I wrote the above before my massage while I was doing my foot spa. Here are my thoughts after the massage.



The facilities was top notch and well maintained but massage was mediocre and I honestly regret paying for the extra half an hour.

Her massage was too repetitive. She kept massage the same part n move over and over again instead of varying her massage. I didn't enjoy her leg massage but I generally don't enjoy leg massages. So I always look forward to the back massage.

What I was upset with the most was the back massage. Yes, she massaged my spine and briefly my whole back but she kept massaging my shoulder blades over n OVER again. Wtf??! Do u not know any other moves?? And she kept focusing on my right side n neglected my left shoulder which was MY PROBLEM area.

You know that a masseuse is good when she knows your problem areas and massages there. She clearly didn't.
When I got fed up, I nicely asked her y she kept massaging there? She said that usually people ask her to massage there. Clearly, I'm NOT THOSE PEOPLE. DONT MASSAGE ME BASED ON OTHER PEOPLE'S NEEDS. (I didn't say that to her though... Just told her to focus on my neck instead. But I was too late to bring it up... She was almost done with my back when I told her) Lesson learned: let the masseuse know where you want them to focus. Do not be shy.

Initially, I wasn't going to rant. I was gonna give them a 'meh it was ok' review. But my shoulders where SHE MASSAGED feels stiff and I'm frustrated. Very frustrated. Why am I paying money for stiff shoulders? Though I admit, the Jari Spa's massage was even worst (Jari Spa was so bad. Worst massage ever.) but at least I didn't have any side effects afterwards.

Am I coming back there?

No.




If you've been there before and think otherwise, let me know in the comments below and share with me your experience :)

No comments:

Post a Comment