Wednesday 4 May 2016

Massage Review: V Beauty Care & Body Care at Oasis Square, Ara Damansara


I was invited by my friend to go for a Groupon 2 hour body massage for RM44 at V Beauty Care & Body Care. How could I say no to that??



So we went and book the earliest session at 10.30. As we enter the shop lot, we had to take off our shoes and I noticed they had this whole Balinese feel to their deco (which is a plus point!) yet their music was like a coffee cafe music during the body massage...(Didn't really suit the vibe. The music gave a happy tone rather than a relaxing tone. I prefer the normal nature or traditional music but they had a traditional music during the foot reflexology area but I don't know why it's sometimes on and sometimes not..) When they were ready, our lady masseuse showed us to our individual room where they provided towels, a shower cap and a disposable thong.

The full body massage started with from the back of my leg to my arm and my shoulders. After that, I lied on my back and they gave me short facial massage and a satisfying shoulder massage. I was really impressed by their shoulder massage, it was really good! Best one yet. Then, they ended with a hot towel to clean off the massage oil off my body.

Was a little disappointed though that they didn't massage my front like most massage places I've been to and they're not so throughout with their foot massage (maybe because I had the foot reflexology). It was like back leg, back, arms, shoulders. Then turn around, shoulders, face and finish.

The foot reflexology... Now, that was torture! I really didn't enjoy it... The male masseuse was very hard on the massage... Felt like my leg was about to be pulled off... After soldiering on for a long while, I finally told him to "softer a little bit". And yet... it was still the same......... Later when he moved on to the other leg and the same pressure was placed, I told him again to be softer and yet... It was still the same.

Another issue was that he went too fast. Usually a masseuse will take their time and slowly massage me but this guy! Was like speed racer!!!! At first I thought was because he was applying too much pressure but man... My friend went for the foot massage earlier because I went to the toilet first yet I finished first???? WTF.

Conclusion? Definitely won't go there for the foot reflexology. Maybe it was just my masseuse but I definitely don't want to take the risk. Though I would truly recommend the shoulder massage! That was really worth it! The full body massage was good though was lacking...

At the end of the massage, we actually received some ginger tea and promotional pitch. The promo was cheap but not worth it for me because of location wise and the bad foot reflexology. But if you live or work around there, go for the shoulder massage!

The promo: Groupon
V Beauty Care & Body Care: Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment