Friday 4 December 2015

Massage Review: Arokaya House at Sunway Putra Mall


Okay so I'm a fan of massages and when there was one nearby my place (and they had an opening promo!), I just had to try it.


So as per usual, my bf would go for the foot massage and I decided to try the 1 hour Aromatherapy rather than my usual Thai massage. As I went for the massage, they provided me some comfy slippers and a warm foot scrub.


But before I went for the massage, went exploring for the bathroom. The place was very clean and I was surprised to see a bathtub and I think a sauna?? They also had 2 shower room (one for male and another for female). The toilet was also spacious and clean lol. Had to point that out.



So after doing mah business. I went to my individual room and close the curtain doors to change. They prepared a disposable underwear and shower cap, a big towel to cover my body during the massage and another white towel for what I hope was for the shower. They had a locker area with keys to keep my things and a coat hanged on the ceiling.

 


They started with my back, to my arms, then my legs, then my head and lastly, some body twists.
For the back massage, they were very thoroughly on it. Pressing some points and massaging it. That was a plus! And I love the head and face massage. Felt good. Didn't enjoy the foot massage as much. A lot of stroking movements. Maybe its an Aromatherapy thing? but my leg felt a little hot after the constant stroking. Not a good feeling.

After I was done with the message, my masseuse asked me whether I would like a hot towel or a shower? I was like SHOWER! and yes! The extra white towel was for the shower. Then, she gave me some space to prepare. I grab the coat on the hanger and brought the extra towel with me. She waited outside and showed me the way to the toilet when I was done changing.

She helped me with hot water in the shower and left me for my 'me' time. I have to say ending a massage with a shower is the best thing ever! (they also provide shower gel. No shampoo though) Once I've done wiping myself dry, cover myself with my coat and went back in my room to change.

Outside, my heels were waiting for me with a hot cup of tea (I prefer ginger tea thou xP).


All in all, it was an okay experience. My bf enjoyed his foot massage. He said his masseuse was good and the view from his place amazing!


Might still give them a shot and check out for their other massages.

UPDATE!! - 19/05/2016

I went back and tried out their 90 min Thai Traditional massage and it was absolutely AMAZING!
Maybe I'm not an aroma therapy girl but definitely a thai traditional one!

I was lead to a different room this time and they passed me some clothes for me to change in.



I think what really made me enjoy this massage was that my masseuse was really throughout with her massage. When she first started her massage on my leg, it was as if every part of my muscle was massaged! She gave me the whole she-bang! From the arms to my back, I was fully satisfied with her work! Because usually there's not much attention to my arms like a few strokes and that's it.. but she didn't. She gave me the works!

Definitely recommend the Thai Traditional massage! I mean its only RM60 for 90 mins! Totally a steal! Will be back again! ;)

Arokaya House's price list


UPDATE!! - 21/11/2016

I'm quite surprise that this post has garnered so much views!!

Just a quick update! Since I've become quite a regular here, I thought I would give my total view of this place.

My experience here has been very positive! I would recommend their Thai, back and foot massages (those are the ones I and my bf always go for)! Great massages, nice staffs, good maintenance of place and most of all, affordable prices! Considering its in a mall.

Do share with me your experience :) Would love to hear what you all think!

Cheers~!

4 comments:

  1. Excellent place, welcoming staff, efficient service. Place next door attempted to rip us off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Yeah, usually they do. My bf usually requests for a man to massage him.

      Delete
  3. creativity of writer is purely impressive. It has touched to the level of expertise with his writing. Everything is up to the mark. Written perfectly and I can use such information for my coming assignment.ลุมพินีพระราม3

    ReplyDelete