Saturday 24 September 2016

Food Review: Alpacasso Cafe at Aeon, Mid Valley [CLOSED]


You won't find this place in the directory. It's actually located on the 1st floor in Aeon. Its's right at the entrance. Next to all the Rillakuma and anime merchs. The place is pretty awkward... right smack in the middle of a department store! But later you realize the alpacas are so adorable!!


The deco here is quite simple but cute! I love the table mats design (the coasters too!!)!!




 They place a bunch of alpacas all over the dividers! So it's great to take pictures with! And you can even buy them if you want one. Although sometimes the plushies are not accident proof...they are bound to fall when I get up from my seat... I'm like what Alpaca? you want to join us for lunch? xD

There, you can sit down and order and then pay later. Ok! Lets start with the drinks!

So, I ordered their signature Alpaca cotton candy drink ;) The drink is actually separated into 2 parts. The sparkling water is separated so you can have the joy of pouring it into the Alpaca's head. Careful not to go overflow cause you will have excess sparkling water. And the taste? Actually, I quite like it, very sour-y and slightly bitter (Please make sure you mix well.. if not, it'll taste wayyyyy toooooooooo sour.. by the way.. it takes a while to mix them together).

 

Now, is it worth the price? For almost RM30.... for me.... not worth it. The glass is smaller that I expected... you see where the Alpaca head starts(in the first picture)? yeah, only 20% of the glass is hidden... That's how tall it is. But for picture enthusiasts, you might think its worth it. 



Now for their coffee, I'm not really a coffee enthusiast so can't really comment but my friend said it was ok la... The image is actually made by cocoa powder, not really foam art.





And here is my friend's sad case of curry rice. Beautiful but sad... The curry is actually not bad. It taste like those instant Japanese curry. I find it sad cause there's not much chicken in the curry... you shall find chopped of carrots and if you look hard enough, you might find some chicken.



So now my burger. Oh! I really like the tomato soup! Yup. That was my highlight of my food. The soup. The burger patty was actually not bad. I honestly wished it was available with the curry! That would have been a great mix!!! I didn't enjoy the buns though... Ramli burger's buns are wayyyyy better!


And last but not least!!! The blueberry oreo cheesecake in a mug! I think this is the most worth it thing here! They actually give you the mug for free!! And they even pack you a new one for you! The cake was nice (not that great but ok la. not bad). I like the concept though! It was like a flower pot concept.

Would I recommend this place? Ok so... A++ for presentation!! I honestly don't regret coming here. The cafe is really cute and the deco is really nice. But taste-wise... Don't expect much... I wouldn't mind coming back here again... But the only thing that's stopping me... is the price is too expensive for the food you're getting... For all the food here on this list cost us a total of RM120++.... I can go to a good Thai restaurant with great ambiance, delicious food and amazing service for that price....

No comments:

Post a Comment