Wednesday 6 April 2016

Paper book or Audio book?

My brother pointed out to me, "It's not the same."

True.

Listening to a book and actually reading the book is two different experience but it doesn't make the other half lesser than the other. Both bring about different types of benefits but both convey the same message.

Honestly, I prefer audio books but I know that it can never replace the paperback. Paperbacks requires you to focus on the words and use your mind to translate those word into meaning, constantly working your mind.

But damn does it take a lot of time and at times, time which I don't have. Audio books gives me the advantage of ease and convenience. I can listen to it when I'm in the car, on the train, while I clean up my room, while I'm preparing and eating breakfast or while I'm getting ready for work. It takes up way less time.

But there are times when I want to look back at what I learn from the book and searching and re-listening to the audio can be cumbersome. Paperback gives me that advantage to easy reference. I can highlight and bookmark while I read my book.

I love both but at current, audio book is easier to complete ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment