Monday 18 April 2016

Hotels in Morocco (Riad Redha and Moroccan House hotel review)

Riad Redha

One of the best and beautiful hotel in Morocco that I’ve been to (hands down!) goes to Riad Redha.



The Hotel was clean and absolutely stunning! The walls are beautifully decorated with colorfully painted ceilings, gorgeous mosaics and intricate carvings. It was such an amazing example of Moroccan designs (I absolutely loved the colour scheme for the mosaic! I couldn’t help but stop, stare and examine the design.). But mainly, the cleanliness of the hotel is maintained and that is enough for me to love the hotel.





As you enter the main door into the hotel, it will lead you to a small hallway to the reception but as you turn to the right the main square of the hotel which greets you with an open ceiling showing off the Moroccan night sky. Such a sight! With a fountain right in the middle and couches for you to sit down and enjoy the view.



The only downside is that I was there during winter so besides our rooms, outside is freezing! Worst is that there’s no wifi in the room… so we have to stand the cold to get wifi... Yet another downside is that since it’s nearby the market and shop lots, it’s hard to get there with some big luggage since small shop cart owners will block your taxi’s way.
For us was such a dread! Eventhough they had someone to carry our luggage with a cart, we were just dead tired from the long drive… But the moment we got there, the walk was worth it! One of the best hotel we’ve been to in our trip!


Moroccan House hotel


Moroccan House hotel was another hotel that we went to (twice!!) that I didn’t enjoy as much and didn’t execute the Moroccan style home in such a great way was the Moroccan House hotel. At first when I entered the establishment, I had high hopes even though the place was dark… What? They didn’t even bother to light up the main hall? But I was more intrigue on the decorations and the interior design to be bothered by the lack of light (They lit it up though on the day we left).


The designs were nicely done. Similarly, they had colorfully painted elevator doors, a mini fountain as the center piece of the main hall, mosaic decorated walls, beautifully painted wooden decorations, matching old Moroccan couches and an open ceiling revealing the second floor to where the canteen was.
As a Moroccan custom, the staff greeted us with Moroccan tea and biscuits (hated the biscuits… but it was a thoughtful gesture). So we then got our keys and went up to our room. I was pretty excited but when I opened the door and entered the room… I had mixed feelings about the whole place. It wasn’t particularly dirty but there was this old musty feeling about the room.





 At first, I thought wow! That’s so cool that they had a canopy bed! Until I looked at the blankets… Yes, it was tacky. But it also gave me that inkling feeling that it might not have been washed… Well, it might just be skepticism but two sister’s unwillingness to use the blankets made me uncomfortable using it on the second time we stayed there.

The floor also looked clean but just didn’t clean for me to go barefooted as if there’s still remnants of unseen dust scattered on the floor. The toilet on the other hand was the worst! The bathtub leaked every time we showered making it difficult the toilet to stay clean… I was horrified we had to stay there again and IN THE SAME ROOM. Oh why oh why?
My parents were lucky to have a change a room on the second time. Their room was much better! It was much bigger! More beds and even had a huge wall couch! A super pretty and comfortable one to boot!! While mine had weird tassels stuck on my bed giving me fears of bed bugs under me while I sleep…


The canteen… Now that’s another issue the dinner and breakfast was ok but the seating arrangement and seats were weird! Their seats were stuck to the wall which I thought was initially cool because they gave off this whole Arabian feel. But then since the main seats are stuck to wall and we were a big group, they placed two small octangular tables at the corner end of the wall making a huge separation of space between us… and to make things worst! They added small square seats which didn’t match the height of our tables making SOOO difficult to eat with comfort. Not only that! Honestly, the plates and cutlery were dusty.

I swear almost every part of this hotel felt old and musty. If they were to manage the cleanliness of this hotel, this would have been an epic place to stay. A wasted opportunity is what I would call it.

Find more on TripAdvisor: Moroccan House hotel


No comments:

Post a Comment