Wednesday 13 April 2016

Food and Restaurants (Saveurs Du Palais and Riad Yacout Review) in Morocco


Since I’m Muslim, food choices becomes limited when travelling overseas. When I do travel to Muslim countries, Egypt’s food is too salty and Turkey’s food is too bland. Living in Malaysia where spices are abundance, my tongue has been spoil for choices. 


But I have to say Morocco’s food is the best yet (compared to Turkey and Egypt)! The food are spicy and flavorful. Though I didn't quite like how there's too much veggies yet WAY too much carbs... They eat potato soup(carbs) with bread(with more carbs) then later chicken with rice(and more carbs..) for main course...

One of the best restaurant that I’ve been to this quaint homey place in Casablanca called Saveurs Du Palais. I loved the decoration and interior design of the restaurant. Very colorful and cute but at the same time gave off that vintage and hipster like cafes.





This crispy dough filled with glass noodles and vegetables reminds me of our Malaysian Murtabak


Since our tour guide ordered for us, I’m not too sure what the name of the dishes that we ate but I have to highlight the dish below! It was absolutely delicious!!! It was one of kind of dishes cooked in the very famous Moroccan cooking pot called the Tajin. It was a fish and some potatoes cooked in a sour and spicy rede paste. It was too oily for my taste... but loved it regardless!! 


They also had good connection wifi ;) Free internet is always a plus! Besides the delicious food, the service was also good. Though we can in for an early lunch so there wasn't much people.

Another restaurant with great wifi a place called Riad Yacout. It has a Moroccan feel mixed with... some old classy vibe I guess. Wasn't as colorful as the previous restaurant but grander. 





The food that we ate in this restaurant clearly depicts what I meant by to much veggie(Cause well I'm not too big on them). So what we have below is our appetizer. So each dish is a different condiment of veggies and spices. Some are sweet potatoes while others spicy veggies. So Moroccans usually eat these with bread as a starter.


Then comes the main course! When I first saw the dish below... My heart sank. More veggies??!! We just ate plates and plates of it!! But found out it was actually veggies stuffed with rice and minced beef cooked in a tomato paste. There were mainly carrots and eggplants. There wasn't much meat inside though.. But it was ok. Not bad.



Another dish that I really loved was this tomato meatball with poached eggs. We had this one in our hotel. It was absolutely delicious! Taste similarly like meatball spaghetti but without the spaghetti. If you ever see this on the menu, I would totally recommend!


No comments:

Post a Comment