Wednesday 21 December 2016

Food Review: Las Vacas at Sunway Putra Mall


Note to self, bring a jacket when I come back here.

The place was nicely decorated with beautiful tiled floors and industrial plus wooden interior design. It was pretty empty which made it very cold. The staff were nice too.




I was there with my dad and two brothers. We initially weren't sure what to order since the menu had no pictures and I'm not farmiliar with eating wagyus or Australian Grassfeed?




Las Vacas's menu and price

So we took our waitress recommendation of taking their platter for 4. We took the 800g Pinnacle "Chuleton" Rib Eye.


I tried out their iced mocha but it was just ok.. They also gave us some sauces, mustard, etc.


The mash potatoes was so good that I forgot to take a picture before we dug in! It looks plain but was very favourful! You can taste the yummy herbs in it. The mushroom soup was also fresh and homemade, not your average Campbell soup!



The meat portion was ok but the chips was not enough for 4 people. They also had 3 sauces that came with the meat. One was a mix of mayo and herbs. Another was mint and the last was a buttery sauce. I would recommend mixing all the sauces together!

How was the meat? ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! It was tender and beautifully cooked. It was also very flavourful. You can see how well they marinated the meat. It's the best steak I had ever tasted!!

*** Latest update ***
My family and I actually came back again and tried out their ribs (our waitress recommended to us) and the beef burger.


This is what's left of the ribs... It was so good that I forgot to take a picture before digging in! This is only what's left of the ribs. Both the sauce and the meat was lip-smacking delicious! I preferred this over the rib eye.


The ribs also came with a salad.


The burger was also pretty good. Portion was big too.
*** end of update **
Next comes dessert!





Out of the 4 desserts we tried, I would recommend their cheese cake and their brownies! Their cheese cake's crust was so crispy and delicious and the cheese part of it was moist. It was our favourite cake of the day. The brownies was also pretty good. Their apple olive cake on the other hand tasted like fruit cake... not to my taste but I loved the caramel icing on top. Cheese tart was also pretty normal.



Overall, their savoury dish was oh so satisfying!! But was still pretty pricey. It came to a total of RM300++ for just the rib eyes, coffee and cakes. But definitely coming back here for special occasions ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment