Monday 22 August 2016

Massage Review: Jari Spa at Publika



I have mixed feelings about this place... It went to the point where I was too lazy to write this post. Because it was one of the worst experience for me but my brother (who came with me) on the other hand had a really good time. The service might differ depend on the masseuse. My brother got the older experience lady while I got the young one...



So, let's start from the beginning.

 



They gave us slipper, my younger brother got the cool wooden like slippers that massage parlours usually have while I got the free hotel slippers that people have previously used... It was really uncomfortable wearing them... because the skin on under my foot is rough... in the end, I refuse to wear it after the massage.... I should have ask for a different slipper... First red flag there!



The place was actually quite nice. Nicely decorated with the whole Bali shebang. We shared a couple room which had 2 beds, a sink/vanity area and a mini steam room. They also gave disposable panties and towels.

 


After we changed, we soaked our foot it lemon water. The masseuse will later wipe your foot dry, no foot scrub sadly... Then they moved on to the massage. And omg......................................

My masseuse needs to use lotion for her hands. Maybe she does the cleaning as well.... but man was her fingers rough... At first, I thought they gave me a male masseuse because the my masseuse wasn't the one who showed us to the room and she came half way after I lay flat on the bed.

Honestly. I felt she was half-hearted the whole way... I can tell. Cause man... worst massage ever.... For example!!! While she was massaging me with the hot stone, she placed one stone on my neck while she massage my back and the stone kept falling down at least 3 times...

I asked my brother if his one was like that and the older lady didn't make that mistake... Really... I felt the whole time my masseuse was like blehhhhhhh.... Like she was "just doing her job."

After the massage, we headed to the steam room for I think 10 minutes. Once we were done, they prepared towels for us and prepared ginger tea when we got out.


I wouldn't recommend this place. Maybe if you go, ask for the older lady to massage you.

No comments:

Post a Comment