Thursday 16 June 2016

Writing stories and writing better


3 years ago, my sister and I started to write a book on the stories that led to make the man my dad is today. Soon, by the end of this year, I will see it published as a book.



Despite the fact I have written a book, it was a combined effort between my sister and I. And in all honesty, my sister wrote most of the chapters. Writing... is a struggle of mine.

I mean love books. But in actuality, I loved the idea of books. The idea of being surrounded by towers of books, hiding in the cracks of the shelfs on a soft carpet floor, feeling the soft wind of flipping pages, sniffing the pages of an opened book and hearing the stories illuminating infront of you. Haha! But it's rare to find me reading a novel. I've tried to stay awake while reading Harry Potter (when the first few movies came ot) but could never get past the first few chapters. Most of the time, I would be indulging myself in comics and graphic novels.

I've always been a visual person. Drawings and animations have always intrigued me. How it's able envelop me into a fantasy world would send electric chills on my skin. I've tried drawing comics but my stories are too eratic for me to write a straight timeline. My inspirations come to me in glimpses of scenes and never in a complete story, jumping from one timeline to another. They come in vague images of short movies clips and at times, grow into something else.

Sigh... I haven't been satistified with my drawing skills. It just doesn't reflect what's happening in my head. I turned to writing many times but i found difficulties to describe the situations in my head and man! Writing makes me feel like I'm churning out a movie in slow motion.

But I think writing can help me create better stories (am still improving on my art skills as well ;P). I've been trying to look into writing better and I'd like to share some vidoes which gave me some clarity...



Besides reading more, I think I'll just start with expanding my vocabulary and 'just keep writing'.

P.S. about the book my sis and I wrote... will update you guys once it's out ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment