Wednesday 27 April 2016

The Face Shop Product Reviews


I'm actually a fan of The Face Shop. I love their products because I know they work.

Although I didn't have severe acne, I had a number popping up all over my face (and people love to point them out). When I started using The Face Shop products, I really saw results. So I thought why not review them?



So here are some reviews on all The Face Shop products I've used previously (I'll update this whenever I use a new one)

1. Aloe Vera

This is one of the first few products I bought from here. A friend of mine raved about this to me on how you can use it as a face mask, a hair mask, as a body moisturizer, etc.

I mainly used it as a hair mask because my hair was very damaged and dry (and as a curly haired girl, that spells out disaster). I usually use it at night to moisturize them because I don't wash my hair before I sleep. It wasn't huge results but I did see gradual improvement(but please note, I accompanied this routine with my hair oils as well).

As a body moisturizer, I think it works well (and it's known to help with sun burns). It absorbs better than normal butter or milk lotion. And it helps after waxing ;)
If you're on a budget, then I would definitely recommend this because how multipurpose it is. So no money to buy face mask, hair mask, lotion, moisturizer, etc, then this is the definite go to product.

2. Bamboo Gel

Similarly like Aloe Vera, it has the same use and similar purpose but Aloe Vera is  repairing but Bamboo Gel is more to moisturizing.

I later replaced my Aloe Vera to try out the Bamboo Gel. Once the Aloe Vera helped repair my hair, the Bamboo Gel now help keep my hair moisturized and my curls healthy.

3. The Therapy
The Therapy has 2 types of set that you'l need to consider base on your skin type.
I tried out the trial set(which includes the toner, serum and moisturizer) and man!! It really impressed me! I'm not very sure if it help me with my fine lines but with the short period I've used it, I could really feel the difference! Felt like a baby's skin again!

I was told this set was to focus on moisturizing on dry skin (which suits me!) as well as help with anti-ageing


This trial set didn't work as well for my skin as the earlier set... I felt the texture was too oily for me(especially the toner)... And I didn't see or feel much difference on my skin. Hence, I think this set didn't suit my skin.

As per recommendation of the sales clerk, The first set is great for below 30's and those with dry skin. And above 30's might like to try the later set.

4. Mild Papaya Peeling 

As per the name, it does what it does! While using it I could feel and even see my dead skin peeling off! After washing the product off, you can feel your skin feeling cleaner as if a layer of dry skin and dirt was washed off your face! (But you'll wash a few times cause it feel a little soapy) Totally recommend this if you're looking for a scrub!

5. Natural Sun Eco Ice Air Puff Sun

One of the best sunscreen I have!! What I love this product is...

  1. Act as a light foundation when you're too lazy to wear make up (it's very light but does still help compared with no make up)
  2. Super cooling to the touch. Feels damn good! Like lightly putting an ice pack on face. So soothing! Especially when I'm putting between my brows, like its cooling off my morning headache.
  3. Lastly as a suncreen

A great combination I would say!

6. Clean Face (Mild Toner and Cleanser)

I've used the toner before when my acne was pretty bad. I did see my skin getting clearer of le pimples. It had a stinging effect on me. When my skin got better, I opt for a more moisturizing toner.

As for the cleanser, I didn't use it but my sister did. She used the whole set and her skin gradually improved. So, I would recommend this for those battling acne.

7. Rasberry Roots Sleeping mask
One of my favourite sleeping mask! After waking up the next morning, my skin feels softer and looks great! Like it radiates. I would totally recommend this!

8. Blackhead Out Cleansing Foam

I did see a difference when I started using this but after a while, it still didn't completely remove my blackhead. I've switched to a different product at the moment.

Like Tony Moly too? Find out more on my reviews!
Confused on what skincare to use? Check out my Korean skincare cheat sheet!

No comments:

Post a Comment