Monday 14 December 2015

Hotel Review: Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson

Lexis Hibiscus
For my mom's birthday last November, my family and I went to Lexis Hibiscus at Port Dickson. We took the Executive Pool Villa. My parents said it was around RM1,000 a night. And from last time I checked on their website it was around RM700-1,000 plus if I were to do a last minute booking on the weekends in December.


Source:  Lexis Hibiscus price and booking
When we first arrived to the main block of the hotel (where the reception counters, the restaurants, sundry shop and other recreational activities are located), their staffs approached us with a drink and towels. It was quite a grand, wide space area.

My free drink :P 
The reception counter

After my parents settled our bookings, we had to line up for the buggy. And yes! They have buggies to send you to your room. The buggies are quite frequent so you don't have to wait too long. It's just during peak hours, like after dinner, that you'll find yourself queuing up for a while since most people wanna go back to their room. You also can call up the reception for a buggy to come by to your room.

They have a signage to show where the buggy is
Buggies all line up and ready to go!


View from the buggy


The rooms during the night

After waving goodbye to our fellow buggy driver, we burst through the door and bathe in the awesomeness of our room. It was very luxurious with marble floors and two king size bed waiting for us to sleep on. And man! The pillows were so comfortable and soft to the point that they actually sold them in their sundry shop!

In the room, we had a mini fridge with complimentary drinks and a TV with prerecorded movies to watch.

As you walk through the room, you'll see a glass door and glass walls. That's le bathroom.


From your bedroom you can see outside to the sea and if people wanted to peep, they can see you in your bathroom from their balcony. No kidding. Your bathroom walls are see-through glass wall! 



Am not really an exhibitionist... So initially, I was shocked but there are actually curtains on the bedroom's wall to hide the bathroom and there's blinders in the bathroom to keep your 'me' time private from outside peepers.

So, inside the bathroom, there's one shower area, one toilet area and no locks on the doors. So knock before entering. Also, they provide a hair dryer, iron, ironing table, slippers, bath robes, towels and other toiletries like soap and shampoo.


I think one of the coolest part of this bathroom is their glass window floor. You can literally see the sea waters below you!


 As you go out from the bathroom and to balcony, there's a nice private pool and your own sauna. There's also a sitting area and a table for you to enjoy the serene view.


The sunset from our pool

From our view, we could actually see the fountain and the beach nearby. At times, I would see people riding banana boats from there.

All in all, I really enjoy our trip there. My family and I spent most of our time in the rooms but we did explored PD a little bit but just for food. The Japanese and Western restaurant there were very pricey but there's a buffet every Saturday.

We also had fun renting out the bicycles there. I can't quite remember but I think it was RM10 an hour. They also had helmets for you to use. Some bicycles are a little bit wonky but you can always exchange for another. There's also a mini playground and a pool at the main block for the kids to enjoy.

I would definitely recommend this place if you have the extra cash to spare or don't mind saving up for a holiday of just chilling in the room. Would also recommend going for cheaper outside food or the buffets on Saturdays.

So for me, I would give this place the thumbs up!!



No comments:

Post a Comment