Wednesday 25 May 2016

Food Review: Yeast Cafe at Mid Valley



So since the Yeast at Bangsar was good, I jumped to see how its cafe at Mid Valley was good as well.



We decided to get the 2 lunch set that was offered which was the croquet (at RM25) and the pasta (at RM35). It came with a drink, soup, salad and madeleine.

You had a few choices for the iced tea. we went for the green apple and the passion fruit. The green apple was sweet and sour in just the right amount (I love sour-y drinks) and the passion fruit was just sweet but not to sweet. Both tasted great!


The croquet was cooked nicely, crispy on the outside and soft the inside! With melted cheese oozing in the middle! Loved how great the toast was! But like how most carbonara pasta get too creamy... It's the same with the cheese. The salad help me balance the taste out. Was a good salad, liked the dressing sauce they used.


The basil pasta was also good. It's not as favourful but it worked for me. You can taste the hint of spices. I think its still a good pasta despite the low of flavours. My only issue was that the portion was quite small compared with the croquet considering you're paying more for the pasta.


The soup of the day was also not bad. It reminded me of the taste of sup daging. And the madeleines reminds me of bahulu. 



Service is also great! You don't have to wait too flag down a waiter or waitress. They'll come right away. And interior design is gorgeous! Makes me feel like I'm in some fancy french restaurant. I think the only downfall about the atmosphere for me is that it's quite noisy... But all in all, it's a great restaurant to eat in for good food and good service. Might not be the place where you wanna discuss and chill.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment